Monday, April 16, 2012

International Women's Day

Blueberry Field Study
9 x 12
acrylic on canvas paper

Back in March on International Women's Day I celebrated by packing up my paints and driving to a park near the Fraser River but instead of looking out over the river I parked the car facing the blueberry fields to the east.  The sunrise was glorious, radio playing wonderful classical music composed and performed by women and the heated car seats kept me toasty while the fresh air blew in thought the sunroof.  Then lunch with a best friend and sunset spent out on the dike with my birding partner and daughter watching the short eared owls swooping and diving through the marshes.  Some days are perfect from start to end!

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Une peinture pleine de profondeur. Des nuances de couleurs sublimes.
Quel bon moment vous avez passé...
Gros bisous

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Martine, I'm going to have to try to capture more of those early morning scenes and maybe late evening as well, so much drama in a few brief moments.