Friday, October 8, 2010

Dangling off a bridge

Harbour study
8 x 10
oil on canvas board

I drove back and forth over the bridge and finally parked the car, jumped over the railing and sat on a chunk of concrete hanging out over the little inlet.  My goal was to pay attention to the values and simplify as it was quite a busy scene in front of me.  It was so restful though to sit there with my pochade box on my lap listening to the birds and the occasional dog walker passing by.  I've often seen fishermen standing on this bridge, what a wonderful place to spend some time.  No fishing this time I guess because I had it all to myself!

6 comments:

Marie Theron said...

A delightful scene, Barb. The clean colours and bright reflections make me feel I am with you there in the fresh air!

Nancy Everett said...

very nice color and composition. A lovely painting!

martinealison said...

Très agréable promenade parmi vos peintures... Belle harmonie de couleurs et atmosphère chaleureuse... Malgré une touche de velours on sent une puissance affirmée. Bises et à bientôt.
I'll write you in english next time... Kisses

Unknown said...

Thanks so much Marie, Nancy and Martine - I am loving getting out to paint plein air!

graziano tessarolo said...

Very nice and delicate.
Ciao Graziano

evangello said...

you are a very nice painter!!!I pain sometimes,but no so good like yours!!!greetings from Greece!!evangello