Tuesday, January 25, 2011

More birding

Female Hooded Merganser
8 x 10
oil on canvas board
So far this year I've photographed over thirty varieties of birds, not bad for January and all walking distance from home.  I've seen some pretty funny antics and even caught a beaver in action bringing home his dinner.  I think the bird watching is going to be a great new hobby once I figure out how to cope with a Yorkie and a Spitz on leashes and my camera all at once.  I fear one of the dogs will take off with the camera some day.  I couldn't resist painting this little merganser with all the colorful reflections on the water.  I won't post my photos here but they can be found on my Flickr page for anyone who is interested in bird photography.

2 comments:

martinealison said...

Beaucoup de sérénité dans cette peinture et une très belle harmonie de couleurs...
L'observation des oiseaux est un tel plaisir et une excellente leçon de vie. Bisous

Unknown said...

Thank you Martine - I keep tweaking the poor merganser, she must be tiring of all the attire and hair do changes!