Friday, December 17, 2010

Steveston Britannia Cannery

Boat Study
8 x 10
oil
Since I'm enjoying rather rainy damp weather here on the coast I thought I'd do a small study of a retired boat and cannery turned into a historical park.   A possible candidate for a larger piece.  I enjoyed doing this quick little painting but discovered that the canvas sketch pad that I was using is student grade and the oil and medium has soaked through.  Another lesson on why it pays to use the best quality materials possible without exceptions.

4 comments:

martinealison said...

Très jolie peinture... avec de belles nuances de couleurs.
Bisous et joyeuses fêtes.

Marie Theron said...

Oh, yes, do a large one next year, Barb. The little roofs have a lovely rhythm!

Unknown said...

Bonjour Martine - Pardonner mon francais mais j'essaie d'apprendre. Vous remercier autant de pour vos commentaires gentils. Espérer que vous avez un Noël merveilleux.

Unknown said...

Hi Marie, Thank you so much - I'm struggling with how large to go on this one. Have a great Christmas and a wonderfully creative New Year!